8.27.2010

Albert Pujols and Tony LaRussa attend "I Have A Scheme" rally

Today, I am appalled about this story that Albert Pujols and Tony LaRussa are going to the "I Have A Scheme" Rally.

From my Daily Kos blog:

Albert Pujols and Tony LaRussa attend Glenn Beck's "I Have A Scheme" Rally

ShareNew 0

Fri Aug 27, 2010 at 02:37:00 PM CDT

Tomorrow's Restoring Honor 8/28 Rally, aka "I Have A Scheme" rally held by Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin, will have 2 of the St. Louis Cardinals in attendance: Albert Pujols (who I admire as a player... politics, not so much) and Teabagging manager Tony LaRussa. Making matters worse is that local Teabagger hero (to some) and a villain to most others Dana Loesch will be there for KFTK and for PJTV, and so will Randy Tobler and Jamie Allman.

Beck's rally serves one purpose = bastardizing the legacy of MLK and his ideas.


http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/8/27/896757/-Albert-Pujols-and-Tony-LaRussa-attend-Glenn-Becks-I-Have-A-Scheme-Rally


Is Tony La Russa Slightly Evil or Slightly Stupid? -Updated

The Daily Show had a hilarious segment (even by their standards) the other day asking if Fox News is Evil or Stupid?
Now comes word that Tony La Russa is introducing Pujols at Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally in Washington D.C. this weekend, headlined by Beck and Sarah Palin (and being reported on by Dana Loesch for Pajama's media TV). La Russa absurdly says of the rally:
I don't know who's going to be there, who's going to accept it. But the gist of the day is not political. I think it's a really good concept, actually.
He also claimed that he would not have gone if it was political:
"I made it clear when we were approached: I said, 'If it's political, I wouldn't even approach Albert with it.' I don't want to be there if it's political," La Russa said.
No one in their right mind who has even the dimmest awareness of American politics could possible think that this rally, chalk full of right-wing speakers and held on the same date as Martin Luther King's "I have a dream speech" by a guy who said President Obama "hates White People" is not political. Which makes me wonder, WTF is going on with TLR? I mean, he's obviously not stupid, as he is widely regarded as a baseball genius. But could he be so completely unaware of current events and the nonstop litany of absurdities and offensive behavior from Beck that he honestly believes anyone would think that this is an apolitical event?

http://stlactivisthub.blogspot.com/2010/08/is-tony-la-russa-slightly-evil-or.html

LaRussa & Pujols Supporting Beck's Thinly Disguised Political Rally Because It's Definitely Not A Thinly Disguised Political Rally

Tony LaRussa knows a lot about baseball. But does he know what he's talking about here?

First, why would anyone ever choose to associate themselves with and promote an event put on by a charlatan like Beck?

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/content/tony-larussa-cannot-be-dumb

Finally, from the Dana blog:

I’ll be in D.C. for the next couple of days covering the Restoring Honor rally for PJTV. I’ll also be broadcasting tomorrow’s show live from Fox studios.

Stay tuned for links to livestream coverage of Saturday’s event.

Dana Loesch is also aiding and abetting in treason.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tweets by @JGibsonDem Tweets by @JPCTumblr